It seems we are surrounded by it. It covers over 70 percent of the earth’s surface and makes up approximately 60 percent of the human body.
So, why are so many people concerned about conserving it? Simply because despite the fact there’s so much of it around, only a tiny fraction of that water (less than 1 percent) is accessible and safe for human consumption. Also consider that the average American personally uses 80–100 gallons of water every day. With all of that H2O constantly flowing, it can be easy to forget just how rare freshwater really is. And, although it is possible to treat unsafe water in order to purify it for consumption, the process itself requires massive amounts of energy.
So, when it comes down to it, every drop that can be conserved will only help us all out in the long run. But how can each of us do our part to spread the word about the importance of water conservation? Well, believe it or not, sometimes a simple slogan can do wonders. Here are 11 of our favorite slogans for saving water:
- Conserve water, conserve life.
- You never know the worth of water until the well runs dry.
- Save water, and it will save you.
- Don’t let life slip down the drain.
- How many drops make up an ocean? Conserve water; every drop counts.
- Don’t flush our planet’s most valuable resource.
- It takes a lot of blue to stay green.
- If we don’t learn to conserve, we’ll all be fish out of water.
- Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink.
- A drop of water is worth more than a sack of gold to a thirsty man.
- Water Smarter!
Memorize a few of these slogans, or better yet come up with some better ones on your own, and help everyone remember to conserve the life-blood of our planet.