Troubleshoot Missing Zones
This guide is designed to provide some simple steps to resolve common issues with missing zones:
1) Ensure that the wires are properly seated in their receptacles. Simply give a slight tug to the wire. If it comes out without pressing the button, it’s not seated properly. Sometimes additional bare wire needs to be exposed in order to allow a deeper insertion of the wiring. Please see images below for best practices:
*9 times out of 10, this step will fix the issue.
2) Use the “hot post” (marked as H) to test that the valve is working properly. The hot post is an always-on receptacle. After inserting the wire, the valve should immediately turn on. If this does not happen, it indicates faulty wiring or a faulty valve. Sometimes wires buried outdoors can become damaged by rodents or cut accidentally when digging.
3) If these steps do not resolve the problem, a simple power off and on of the controller can trigger a recognition of the missing zones. To correctly power down, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button (located on the bottom of the controller)
- Wait until the jog-dial glows yellow
- Release the power button
- Wait 10 seconds before powering back on